Jail

The Jail next door to the Old Courthouse was built in 1895 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. It is significant for its original lattice-work iron cellblock which is rare in Wisconsin. The jail was still being used in 1984 despite having been determined by the state Division of Corrections as unfit for occupancy by prisoners.